Performing as part of an Agile Software Development team using Jira for requirements tracking, the selected candidate will perform a Software Engineering activities in support of our client. The teams responsibilities revolve around using new technologies to ensure the compliance of interactions and accesses between various enterprise systems.
The Software Engineer, working closely within this 6 person team will learn from and share knowledge with this inquisitive, fun, and hardworking team. Leadership opportunities exist for this position.
MANDATORY SKILLS: A TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph is required for this role.
? Demonstrated experience in architecting, designing, developing solutions using the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack -- not limited to but including analytics and machine learning
? Demonstrated experience in SQL and writing complex queries with joins and aggregate that deals with large datasets.
? Demonstrated experience with Python 2.x
? Demonstrated experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
? Experience leading design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes
? Experience performing thorough design reviews and code reviews
? Hands on Java development, Junit testing and issue troubleshooting
? Experience working in an Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts
? Understanding and comfort with enterprise frameworks for dependency injection, object relational mapping and logging (Spring Framework, Hibernate, SLF4J)
? Familiarity with Build Management, Continuous Integration, and Automated Testing (Maven, Jenkins)
? Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
? Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
About Avid Technology Professionals
Avid Technology Professionals, LLC (ATP) is a premiere provider of software and systems engineering, and acquisition program management services for the community. ATP is actively seeking to pursue contract opportunities with other departments and agencies in the federal government, in state governments, and in the commercial sectors. Delivered by seasoned experts in the IT field, ATP solutions adeptly address the IT concerns manifesting in both the federal and commercial sectors.
The ATP Employee Benefits package includes:
- A Supportive and Equitable Working Environment that is both Stimulating and Challenging
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Unique Employee Success Sharing Program that allows ATP employees to Share in Company's Successes
- Automatic Approved Overtime (as long as contract permits)
- Retirement Pay (401K); 100% company paid, immediately vested with Profit-Sharing Component
- Company Medical Coverage Plans - HMO, Open Access, PPO plans
- Company Dental Plan - widely accepted, comprehensive, and flexible
- Progressive Overtime Policy
- Flexible Spending Account benefit
- Lucrative Referral Bonus Policy
- Holiday Scheduling that Coincides with Government Holidays
- Robust Professional Expenses & Training Program
- Computer Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance