Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products.
Manage the daily activities of configuration and operations of business systems.
Optimize system operations and resource utilization.
Perform system analysis and planning.
Provide Tier 2, and 3 support.
Coordinate, deliver, and deploy installations and upgrades for hardware and systems software.
Implement ongoing system security compliance measures to include patches and system updates.
Provide desktop support across managed enclaves.
MANDATORY SKILLS: Expert knowledge and experience in current Windows client server to include OS configuration, file sharing DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory.
Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience of virtualization and its implementation using (VDI Desktops
Practical experience in implementing and maintaining thin-client workstations.
Must have one of the following DoD approved certifications to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School/GED (+12) years of relevant experience. AD (+10) years of relevant experience. BA/BD (+6) years of relevant experience. Master's degree (+4) years of relevant experience, or PHD (+2) years of relevant experience.
OPTIONAL SKILLS: Demonstrated experience with Powershell scripting and programing.
Recent system administration experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
Willingness to travel TDY to other locations if needed (but not anticipated).
About Avid Technology Professionals
Avid Technology Professionals, LLC (ATP) is a premiere provider of software and systems engineering, and acquisition program management services for the community. ATP is actively seeking to pursue contract opportunities with other departments and agencies in the federal government, in state governments, and in the commercial sectors. Delivered by seasoned experts in the IT field, ATP solutions adeptly address the IT concerns manifesting in both the federal and commercial sectors.
The ATP Employee Benefits package includes:
- A Supportive and Equitable Working Environment that is both Stimulating and Challenging
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Unique Employee Success Sharing Program that allows ATP employees to Share in Company's Successes
- Automatic Approved Overtime (as long as contract permits)
- Retirement Pay (401K); 100% company paid, immediately vested with Profit-Sharing Component
- Company Medical Coverage Plans - HMO, Open Access, PPO plans
- Company Dental Plan - widely accepted, comprehensive, and flexible
- Progressive Overtime Policy
- Flexible Spending Account benefit
- Lucrative Referral Bonus Policy
- Holiday Scheduling that Coincides with Government Holidays
- Robust Professional Expenses & Training Program
- Computer Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance