MANDATORY SKILLS: Must have a current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
Kernel infrastructure understanding in a Linux environment
Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience
A Masters degree in a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of experience
Professional experience may be substituted for a degree
OPTIONAL SKILLS: Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
Training/certification in any of the following is strongly desired:
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
About Avid Technology Professionals
Avid Technology Professionals, LLC (ATP) is a premiere provider of software and systems engineering, and acquisition program management services for the community. ATP is actively seeking to pursue contract opportunities with other departments and agencies in the federal government, in state governments, and in the commercial sectors. Delivered by seasoned experts in the IT field, ATP solutions adeptly address the IT concerns manifesting in both the federal and commercial sectors.
The ATP Employee Benefits package includes:
- A Supportive and Equitable Working Environment that is both Stimulating and Challenging
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Unique Employee Success Sharing Program that allows ATP employees to Share in Company's Successes
- Automatic Approved Overtime (as long as contract permits)
- Retirement Pay (401K); 100% company paid, immediately vested with Profit-Sharing Component
- Company Medical Coverage Plans - HMO, Open Access, PPO plans
- Company Dental Plan - widely accepted, comprehensive, and flexible
- Progressive Overtime Policy
- Flexible Spending Account benefit
- Lucrative Referral Bonus Policy
- Holiday Scheduling that Coincides with Government Holidays
- Robust Professional Expenses & Training Program
- Computer Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance