Take technical direction and guidance from senior engineers and execute on that guidance.
Routinely meet with the customer to capture new requirements and capture meeting minutes.
Assess tools for recommendations of new capabilities and features to meet and exceed mission needs.
Conduct routine Operational Maintenance to sustain system support and network compliance.
Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
Debug existing software and accurate defects.
Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
MANDATORY SKILLS: No demonstrated experience is required. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
Familiar with Agile processes, methodologies, and ceremonies
Foundational understanding of end-to-end software development, system development life cycles and operational maintenance and support
Familiar with Syntactic and Semantic rules and processes
Willingness to learn and the ability to take initiative and ask questions.
A TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph is required for this role.
About Avid Technology Professionals
Avid Technology Professionals, LLC (ATP) is a premiere provider of software and systems engineering, and acquisition program management services for the community. ATP is actively seeking to pursue contract opportunities with other departments and agencies in the federal government, in state governments, and in the commercial sectors. Delivered by seasoned experts in the IT field, ATP solutions adeptly address the IT concerns manifesting in both the federal and commercial sectors.
The ATP Employee Benefits package includes:
- A Supportive and Equitable Working Environment that is both Stimulating and Challenging
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Unique Employee Success Sharing Program that allows ATP employees to Share in Company's Successes
- Automatic Approved Overtime (as long as contract permits)
- Retirement Pay (401K); 100% company paid, immediately vested with Profit-Sharing Component
- Company Medical Coverage Plans - HMO, Open Access, PPO plans
- Company Dental Plan - widely accepted, comprehensive, and flexible
- Progressive Overtime Policy
- Flexible Spending Account benefit
- Lucrative Referral Bonus Policy
- Holiday Scheduling that Coincides with Government Holidays
- Robust Professional Expenses & Training Program
- Computer Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance