Support hardware integration efforts for software development team tasks may include:
- Testing various hardware configurations and bios setting on next Generation Dell servers
- Optimize optical switching to test servers
- Configure and maintain network switch to support lab efforts
- Maintain 20-30 racks of equipment
- Rack and cable new hardware as needed
- Support lab management duties
- Provide hardware recommendations for next generation hardware procurement
- Hardware Includes but is not limited to: Dell servers, NVidia GPUs, network interface cards, network switches, and optical recorders.
.This position is a hands on System Engineering position support a mission critical system. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of system support, including requirements management, data management and analysis, system testing, and support to users.
MANDATORY SKILLS: Bachelors degree in System Engineering, ComputerScience, Information Systems, Engineering Science,Engineering Management or related discipline from anaccredited college or university is required.
Five (5) years of additional SE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
OPTIONAL SKILLS: This position will require wireless experience and telephony engineering in addition to strong hands-on engineering skills.
Familiarity with communication systems and protocols is desired
Experience integrating, installing, configuring, changing and optimizing HW & SW solutions into an overall system architecture.
Experience loading and configuring the software on the appropriate hardware including the specific equipment, local controller and remote controller.
Experience integrating these processors and their HW & SW into overall system architecture
About Avid Technology Professionals
Avid Technology Professionals, LLC (ATP) is a premiere provider of software and systems engineering, and acquisition program management services for the community. ATP is actively seeking to pursue contract opportunities with other departments and agencies in the federal government, in state governments, and in the commercial sectors. Delivered by seasoned experts in the IT field, ATP solutions adeptly address the IT concerns manifesting in both the federal and commercial sectors.
The ATP Employee Benefits package includes:
- A Supportive and Equitable Working Environment that is both Stimulating and Challenging
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Unique Employee Success Sharing Program that allows ATP employees to Share in Company's Successes
- Automatic Approved Overtime (as long as contract permits)
- Retirement Pay (401K); 100% company paid, immediately vested with Profit-Sharing Component
- Company Medical Coverage Plans - HMO, Open Access, PPO plans
- Company Dental Plan - widely accepted, comprehensive, and flexible
- Progressive Overtime Policy
- Flexible Spending Account benefit
- Lucrative Referral Bonus Policy
- Holiday Scheduling that Coincides with Government Holidays
- Robust Professional Expenses & Training Program
- Computer Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance