We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and hardworking junior recruiter to assist with our recruiting activities. As a junior recruiter, you will be responsible for interviewing candidates, posting job descriptions online, reviewing résumés, cold calling candidates, screening potential candidates, and setting up candidate interviews with potential clients. You will work directly under the recruiting manager or senior recruiter and assist with all recruiting-related duties.
This position is primarily remote, but will require some in person meetings and attendance at company sponsored events, and other ad hoc duties as needed, in the D.C, Maryland, and Northern Virginia areas.
To ensure success as a junior recruiter, you should have knowledge of recruitment techniques, excellent communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, as well as being organized is critical.
Interest or experience/knowledge of information technology (software development, systems administration, information security) is also a needed attribute.
This position includes a base salary and lucrative incentives for meeting growth benchmarks.
Junior Recruiter Responsibilities:
- Assisting the manager or senior recruiter with recruitment duties.
- Reviewing available positions and candidate requirements.
- Communicating with the HR team.
- Posting job descriptions on social media and job sites.
- Cold calling candidates
- Tracking open positions using recruiting software.
- Screening candidate résumés.
- Contacting candidate references and verifying education requirements.
- Conducting initial phone screenings.
- Conducting interviews with candidates.
- Interacting with current staff to build candidate network
- Communicating with candidates and setting up interviews with hiring managers and technical managers.
- Managing the applicant tracking system.
Junior Recruiter Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, communications or similar field is a plus.
- Previous experience working as a junior recruiter is a plus.
- Knowledge of recruitment software and database systems is a plus.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite and other applicable software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF).
- Customer service experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work off hours.
- Ability to conduct interviews over the phone.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Good organizational skills.