Web Application Developer, familiar with aspects of Search and Content Discovery Engineering that includes definition, design, development, integration, testing, deployment, and engineering life cycle support. Experience in programming and large system software design and development, with knowledge of UNIX/Linux utilizing Agile methodology. As a member of a large Search and Content Discovery team the candidate will assist in several projects; Faceted Search, Federated Search, Enterprise Catalogs, Really Simple Syndication (RSS) Feeds, Image Search, Web Dispatcher, other related projects. The search capabilities will be maintained across multiple communities on multiple fabrics. Work closely with the client to satisfy rapidly emerging requirements and must be able to work as part of a team to design and implement solutions that meet the customer's issues and concerns. Responsibilities include: Develop and maintain Web software applications using Agile software development techniques; Consult with the business process owners, customers, users, and constituents to develop and analyze customer requirements; Lead and mentor more junior members of the team in the performance of project tasks; Perform application testing; Create and maintain application documentation.
Five (5) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelors degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
OPTIONAL SKILLS: Desired skills:
Nexus Repository, Integrated Development Environment
AWS Technologies (API Gateway, S3, etc.)
Network Architecture (VIP, WIP, F5)
Cloud development experience.
May be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
About Avid Technology Professionals
Avid Technology Professionals, LLC (ATP) is a premiere provider of software and systems engineering, and acquisition program management services for the community. ATP is actively seeking to pursue contract opportunities with other departments and agencies in the federal government, in state governments, and in the commercial sectors. Delivered by seasoned experts in the IT field, ATP solutions adeptly address the IT concerns manifesting in both the federal and commercial sectors.
The ATP Employee Benefits package includes:
- A Supportive and Equitable Working Environment that is both Stimulating and Challenging
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Unique Employee Success Sharing Program that allows ATP employees to Share in Company's Successes
- Automatic Approved Overtime (as long as contract permits)
- Retirement Pay (401K); 100% company paid, immediately vested with Profit-Sharing Component
- Company Medical Coverage Plans - HMO, Open Access, PPO plans
- Company Dental Plan - widely accepted, comprehensive, and flexible
- Progressive Overtime Policy
- Flexible Spending Account benefit
- Lucrative Referral Bonus Policy
- Holiday Scheduling that Coincides with Government Holidays
- Robust Professional Expenses & Training Program
- Computer Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance